phoenix you do this every case
all these nerds getting excited about the plvsaa release when i’ve already beaten the game
ah yes. this feeling of power. must be what americans feel all the time
So, as a chef and a former intense athlete, I have to be hella conscious about keeping in shape and not gaining a shit ton of weight by inhaling everything I eat 24/7. This is why, when I can, I like to work with healthier shit to combat all the creamy, sugar and fat filled delicacies I make like 24/7.
For everyone like me who’s working on staying in shape or being healthy, this recipes for you, my precious weeb losers.
Based on the Honey Lemon Slices from Kuroko no Basuke (my current obsession), I decided to do my own take on this insanely good for you Japanese treat.
OH. AND FUN FACT ABOUT THESE. IT’S A SNACK AND A DRINK ALL IN ONE. You’ll find out what I’m talking about later.
Honey Lemon Slices
(serves: an entire fucking basketball team ayyoo)
- 2 lemons
- enough honey to fully cover all the lemons*
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 7 mint leaves (for later)
- 4 cups water (for later)
*So fun fact for all your plebs out there: there’s like 5 million types of honeys that vary in not only flavor, but texture. For this recipe, I used a creamy clover honey mixed with a more transparent, thick chestnut honey to combat the sweetness with some bitterness from the chestnut. Use whatever the fuck you want, but if you’re using a raw, or creamy honey, mix it with some water to make it more liquidy and stuff.
- Thinly slice the lemons, making sure you’re using basically everything but the ends and REMOVE ALL THE SEEDS HOLY SHIT.
- Once they’re all sliced, mix your honey with the cinnamon and ginger until it’s all combined. Then, take a glass tupperware container thing and cover the bottom with a thin layer of your honey mixture.
- On top of that, add one layer of lemon slices, and then just alternate between honey and lemon slices until you finished all the lemon slices.
- Once that’s done, pour in the remainder of your honey mixture so that it completely covers the lemons, and then cover that with a lid and throw it in the fridge.
- Keep it chilled for at least 2 days, and no more than 3 days. Try and shake or mix the container at least twice a day so that the lemon juices can mix with the honey.
- Once that’s all done, throw it in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes so that they’re hella chilled, and then remove the lemon slices from the container.
- After they’re all plated and shit, combine 4 cups of water, 7 mint leaves, and hell, some ice cubes, with the liquid in the tupperware container.
- Defeat your basketball foes with your incredible jumps and your moe qualities.
TADAH MOTHERFUCKER. You just made a hella healthy treat for you and your shit weeb friends to eat and drink while you’re watching kawaii dudes dripping glittery sparkle sweat all over the B-Ball courts.
Make this during the summer when you want something cold, sweet and healthy to devour, make em when you’re sick to get some radical antioxidants and vitamin C or whatever, just make them all the fucking time I dare you, you pieces of shit.
ALRIGHTY. THAT’S ALL FOR THIS RECIPE. STAY TUNED FOR MORE RECIPES THAT WILL DEFINITELY NOT INVOLVE KUROKO NO BASUKE IN SOME WAY (maybe probably i think sort of)
there this is the only coherent gifset i will ever make on this website
on a scale from mia fey to kristoph gavin how good of an example are you for your younger siblings
relationship status: (drives through the night while 80s synthpop plays in the background)